BioSmart s.r.o. has successfully passed its certification tests according to the European standard EN 60839-11-1. The Quality Certificate issued by the TREZOR TEST centre in Prague confirms: the range of BioSmart devices meets the requirements regarding the equipment for access control systems.
The EN 60839-11-1 standard imposes the most serious demands towards the security systems used for physical and access control. It contains descriptions of the theoretical model and system architecture, including the criteria as following:
- the classification based on functionality and performance;
- the requirements for the interfaces of the access points;
- the display and message requirements (displaying, warning, registering);
- alarming and neutralizing of system hacking;
- the identification requirements;
- the system self-defense requirements;
- the inter-action amongst electronic access control system components and other systems.
In addition, within the standard the requirements for environmental conditions (indoor/outdoor use) and electromagnetic compatibility, as well as test methods are specified.
The tests were performed according to the methods approved, including checking the functionality of the BioSmart system software and hardware, electromagnetic compatibility tests according to IEC 61000-6-1 standard and extended temperature tests.
The following devices have passed their certification tests:
- PV-WTC (palm vein terminal);
- UniPass (palm vein controller);
- PV-WM (palm vein and RFID reader);
- WTC2 (fingerprint controller);
- Prox-E (RFID controller).
Thus, the BioSmart system has confirmed its compliance with the international quality standards. The advanced functionality and high level of equipment reliability allow to implement solutions in the field of biometric control at critical facilities which require enhanced protection.