These rules are established to regulate the relations arising between consumers and BioSmart s.r.o. regarding warranty and post-warranty servicing of the equipment produced.
Concepts and Definitions
- Manufacturer – BioSmart s.r.o. Czech Republic.
- Product – the product developped by the BioSmart s.r.o. Czech Republic.
- Customer – a person applying to the Manufacturer regarding the Product warranty or post-warranty repairing.
- Warranty period – the period of time within which the Manufacturer guarantees the performance of the Product and its compliance with the characteristics indicated in the passport. Changing the manufacturer’s warranty periods regarding new Products does not apply to the Products previously purchased.
- Warranty repairs – troubleshooting of a Product caused through no fault of the Customer, within the warranty period.
The Product Warranty
- The warranty period shall be set by the passport for a Product. The warranty period commences from the date of sale of the Product to the Customer. In the absence of a stamp in passport regarding the date of the Product sale, the warranty period shall be calculated from the day of manufacture + 1 month.
- The warranty period for a Product shall be extended for the period it was under repairs. The warranty period for the components replaced shall be set as 6 months from the date of receipt of the Product by the Customer.
- Manufacturer’s warranty shall not apply to:
- Products with their warranty period expired
- Products within which inspection the breach of the warranty seal revealed
- Products, which faults and malfunctions are caused by damages occurred within transporting, as well as under installing, operating and storing conditions breach (i.e., unqualified installing, improper connecting to power source, connecting to a faulty power supply, as well as connecting to a power source with a voltage different from the nominal (specified in the Product passport), using the Product within its nonstandard mode or under conditions not specified by the Manufacturer)
- Products with mechanical and/or other kinds of damage to the fingerprint scanner, palm vein scanner, LCD display, digital keyboard, as well as damage to the Product housing, which may have a negative impact onto the operation of the electronic components
- Products with damages caused by the ingestion of liquids, aggressive media, insects and other foreign bodies
- Products, which faults are associated with unskilled interventing (namely, repairing, improving, or any structural changing) by a person unauthorized
- Products with damages caused by force majeure circumstances (power mains surges, lightning, natural disasters, fires, transporting accidents, civil unrest, riots, war and acts of war, strikes by personnel, etc.)
- Products considered to be serviceable under the diagnostics
- Prior sending a Product to be repaired, one shall contact technical support of the Manufacturer to clarify the nature of the malfunction and necessary repairs. An oral request shall be made by phone: +420-608-837-117. A written request shall be made by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warranty and post-warranty repairs performed by the Manufacturer
- Shipping of the Product to the Manufacturer regarding the diagnostics and repairs activities shall be carried out by or at the expense of the Customer
- “ The Warranty Claim” shall performed obligatory per each Product sent and the document mentioned shall be printed and be sent along with the Product. In the absence of a warranty claim or absence of important information within the said act, namely Customer’s name, Product’s model and serial number, contact information, the defect claimed, as well as other, marked with the “*” sign, the Manufacturer shall reserve its right to refuse the Product warranty repair
- For the warranty repairs to be performed, the Product shall be sent as a complete package, according to the passport of the Product. In case of receipt of the Product within its assembly incomplete, the Manufacturer shall reserve its right to refuse the Product warranty repairs
- The manufacturer shall not be responsible for any damages direct or indirect and profits loss incurred by the Customer or any other person in connection with a Product failur
- The period of warranty/post-warranty repairs shall be calculated from the date of the Product receipt by the servicing centre along with a warranty claim full and shall be composed of several terms:
- The Product Diagnostics – 1 week
- Repairs – 2 weeksThe repairs period may be extended in the absence of the necessary spare parts.
- The Product being recognized as non-warranty due to the agreement with the Customer shall be subject to non-warranty repairs. The total amount of repairs shall be the cost of diagnostics and the cost of spare parts required to restore the Product functionality. In case the Product is considered to be proper or the Customer has refused the repairs, the value of its diagnostics shall be paid
The procedure of issuing/returning of the Product from repairs
- Past the warranty repairs, the Product shall be returned to the Customer at the the claim address stated in. The shipping shall be performed at the expense of the Manufacturer by the transport company via the shipping to the office. The Manufacturer shall compensate the costs associated with the Product shipping up to the Manufacturer office
- The Product recognized as a non-warranty item, shall be returned to the Customer past payment the repairs invoice. The shipping shall be performed independently and at the expense of the Customer by the transport company via the shipping to the office
- If the Customer fails to pay the non-warranty repairs or diagnostics, fails to provide the Manufacturer with the warranty claim completely filled, the Product remains in the custody of the Manufacturer. Within one calendar month the storing will be free of charge. Past this period, the storing cost shall be 0.5 Euro per each day