Palm vein identification is something someone has probably heard about but not often experienced. It is a technology developed in Japan, which is widely used there. It provides high security (up to one million reference points) together with the highest accuracy that a biometric technology can offer. The biometric sensor uses a multispectral long near-infrared waves (850 and 940 nm), detecting low levels of oxygen vein blood and distinguishing it from living tissue. It is then transformed into a pattern which describes veins inside a person’s palm. The pattern is converted into a template – this is a mathematical model. The template gets encrypted and stored into a database and is matched with what is already stored for proper identification.
- It is one of the fastest devices on the market. Supporting up to 2K templates (1 or 2 per user) in identification (1:many) or up to 300K templates in 2-factor authentication modes.
- The PV-WTC terminal can be any color you like, if this color is black. It fits ideally into a production environment, onto a ship, into a warehouse, restaurant, retail store, or even next to a bank vault. Everywhere that you need a sturdy, robust, and flexible device. And, all of it is in IP65 housing.
- It is IP-based, standalone-enabled. A copy of the biometric templates is stored on the device and another on the server, and they are constantly in sync. When the network connection is down, your system is still up and running. You can even create and enroll users from the device, without external software.
- There is a SSL encrypted connection to the main server when it is used in network mode.
- Each terminal holds an integrated, fast, and accurate RFID reader for MIFARE® DESFire® EV1, HID Prox/iClass SE, and Legic Advant/Prime cards. It is provided to Match on Card biometric verification.
- There is a touch keypad to enter PINs, use as functional buttons in time attendance, or for device configuration. The buttons are software-defined to allow in/out, lunch break, or sick leave registrations.
- The terminal can be used together with the BioSmart Studio software or could be integrated with your software.
Access Control Features
- Single or multi-factor authentication (Card + Biometric, PIN + Biometric)
- Secure door strik/lock, PTE buttons, alarms connection via ZFlex Relay Module
- 2-Man rule (2 authorized employees are required to grant access)
- Escort mode (1 authorized employee and a visitor)
- Duress palms (silent alarm in case of a forced entry)
- Access zones (restrict access of employees to certain areas)
- Anti-passback (no entry allowed if employee did not leave premises first)
- 2 tamper sensors
|Authentication types||Biometric or card|
Card + biometric
PIN + biometric
Template on card
|Users, card + palm or PIN + palm||Up to 300 000|
|Users, palms*||Up to 2 000|
|Event log capacity||1 million|
|Template size||0.8 / 4k|
|Match time (1:1000) in local mode, by palms||< 2 sec|
|FAR (False Acceptance Rate)**||0,00008 %|
|Smart card reader||MIFARE Classic®/MIFARE® DESFire® EV1 (13.56 MHz)|
HID Prox/iClass/iClass SE (125 kHz / 13.56 MHz)
Legic Advant (13.56 MHz)
EM Marin (125 kHz)
|Keypad||Touch, 12 buttons, programmatic function buttons|
|Audio||Speaker and multi-tone buzzer|
|Communication||Ethernet (100BASE-T), RS485, RS232 via a converter|
|Controller type||Not required|
|ZFlex Relay Module support||Yes, for extra layer of security|
|Wiegand I/O||Output, 26/32 bits|
|PTE button inputs / door sensor inputs||1|
|Door strike relay||12V, 1A|
|Tamper detection||1 sensor on case opening|
1 switch on removing device from wall
|Power requirements||12V±15%, 1A|
|PoE (Power over Ethernet)||Optional, IEEE 802.3af|
|Operating temperature||0 … +50°C (32 ... 122 °F)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||215 x 150 x 117 mm (8.46 x 5.90 x 4.60 in)|
|Weight||820 g (29 oz)|
|Regulatory approvals||CE, FCC, RoHS2|
* Depends on the number of enrolled palms. Affects recognition speed.
** Calculated value: depends on quality of users’ biometric data.